Social Activist Report is a current news info about my social activities and aim to share with you the experiences. Hope by sharing this news we will develop and strengthen our networking towards serving the peoples especially rural and urban poor.

Friday, March 24, 2006

COMING HOME TO SEARSOLIN













Last 19 March,2006, I arrived here for second time coming home after 10 years ago.Mum Rachel pick up me from the airport and she put me in room 30 which is my dorm 20 years ago. Searsolin building already develope and have some extension room on thfloor. Infe third ront of Searsolin already have a big shopping complex, "SM", no need to go to down town for shopping, searsoliner can enjoys a go, you got to wait for Jepney for 30 minute to go to down town, but today you got to wait for 30 minutes to cross the road infront searsolin. My main purposed coming to Searsolin this time is to attend a Journalism Workshop, part of Searsolin training module offers in partnership with The Cagayan de Oro Press Club (COPC). The key overall intended outcome is for those who will participate in the Training Module to be able to write and publish high quality reports to help the public make an informed and active role in public dialouge on issues/concern that affect their lives, and able to be able to hold their leaders accountable for their actions. This workshop was funded by the AusAID-funded Philippines Australia Governance Facility (PAGF).

I meet Dr.Boy, he is Director of Searsolin now and he will retire soon. He love his 2 horse very much,always ride his horse, man who are good in exercise after 63 years old. He share with me about his work and also we talk about other Searsoliners from Malaysia. I told him, Searsoliners should write a book about him before he retire. Mum Rachel facilitated my stay home here and I really enjoy it, she bring me visit her family house and enjoy the dinner at Bukidnon and she bring me for lunch and dinner at down town also. I able to visit Delmonte plantation, its big area of pineaple plantaion, located in Bukidnon, where the place of mum Rachel grew up and study in colledge. Ok my friends, till here first, I will share more about my stay home at Searsolin and experience in attending Journalism workshop in next article.









1 Comments:

Blogger Drawson Malaxi said...

Regard you mention the retire in your articles.
Do you notice that the Malaysia come out a programmer call "Malaysia My second home" is open to all foreign citizens wishing to retire or reside in Malaysia on a long term basis. It is fully endorsed by the Government of Malaysia and your immediate family (spouse and children) can also participate in the program.

And i found this articles at http://www.12retireinmalaysia.com

My retire tips blog

10:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home