Social Activist Report is a current news info about my social activities and aim to share with you the experiences. Hope by sharing this news we will develop and strengthen our networking towards serving the peoples especially rural and urban poor.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

RE-UNION FRIENDSHIP :NICE MEETING YOU MUM RACHEL!



Its really nice to meet my lecturer also she is my mentor, after ten years we not meet each other. I call her mum Rachel, she teaching me during my study at SEARSOLIN Xavier University, Cagayan de Oro City in 1986-87. We enjoy sharing our past 20 years story, that time I am 'naughty boy'. Mum Rachel said, she make me a 'case study' means, finish a case of beer after that study. She will facilitate my coming home to SEARSOLIN this coming 19 March till 1 Mei,2006 and the same time she invited me to attend Journalism Workshop at SEARSOLIN. She share with me about the new development area at SEARSOLIN. She said before at SEARSOLIN,we take 30 minutes waiting for Jeepny, but today take 30 minutes to cross the road infront of SEARSOLIN. Let me share with you all about her, she is now as Deputy Director of SEARSOLIN and aside of that she very active in the NGO sector. She is a member of the board of many agencies such as the Global Philippine Environment Partnership(GVEP), Asian NGO Coalition (ANGOC), the foundation for the Organic Products, Inc. As the Director of the Appropriate Technology Centre, she is one of the founding members of the Philippines Partnership for the Development of Human Resources in the Rural Areas (PHILDHRRA),and an affiliate member of APPROTECH-Asia. She expert in many community development model such as Community Participatory Action Research (CPAR), Community Information and Planning (CIPS), Socio-Economic and Gender Analysis (SEGA) and Assets-Based Community Driven (ABCD) approaches.
We have finish our dinner around 9.00pm, together with me JV,Oka from Phildhrra and Lany from Asiadhrra. They also enjoy meeting her for seriuos discussion about work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home